Canvas workshops, online training and tutorials, and one-on-one support are available to help you get the most out of Canvas.
Training and resources
- Workshops and drop-in Canvas studio time (UBC Vancouver): Canvas training on a variety of topics is offered throughout the year by the Learning Technology Hub. The Faculty of Arts is also offering in-person Canvas training sessions.
- Workshops and drop-in Canvas studio time (UBC Okanagan): The Centre for Teaching and Learning is hosting Canvas training and drop-in sessions throughout the year.
- Canvas 101 online training: UBC’s self-paced Canvas 101 online training course for instructors shows you how to design, deliver, and manage your Canvas courses.
- Online guides and tutorials: Instructure, the company that designed Canvas, offers online Canvas guides and video tutorials tailored to the needs of instructors and students.
- External tool integrations: If you have questions about using a specific tool with Canvas, please check out the tool guides on the Learning Technology Hub website or contact the Learning Technology Hub.
- Transitioning courses from Connect to Canvas: We’ve compiled a Connect to Canvas guide to explain which Connect content can be imported to Canvas and how Connect content will appear in the new system.
- Canvas FAQ: Still have questions? Check out our FAQ.
- UBC Vancouver: If you’re based at UBC Vancouver and would like support with Canvas, we recommend making your faculty’s Instructional Support Unit your first point of contact.
- UBC Okanagan: If you’re teaching at UBC Okanagan, please contact the Centre for Teaching and Learning (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance with Canvas.
- Learning Technology Hub: All faculty and staff are invited to call, email, or visit the Learning Technology Hub for assistance with Canvas. Drop-in Canvas Studio sessions take every Monday afternoon in the Irving K Barber Learning Centre.
- Support outside regular office hours: Creating an account in Canvas will give you access to 24/7/365 telephone, chat, and email support provided by Canvas representatives.
- Canvas Tech Rovers: UBC has hired Canvas Tech Rovers to support faculty with the transition to Canvas.
- UBC students who are using Canvas for the first time will want to check out A UBC Student’s Guide to Canvas.
- All UBC students can access 24/7 chat, email, or phone support through the Help menu in Canvas.
- Students who have UBC-specific technical issues with Canvas (such as problems logging in) should contact UBC’s Information Technology Service Centre (ITSC) for assistance, using their online form.